Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mukimono Flowers

"Mukimono" is a traditional Japanese style of vegetable carving.
I read that It seems to come up in Japanese oldest novel "The Tale of Genji".
It is told that it is the Edo era it was popular most.

people get very busy and the "Mukimono" makers are decrease recently.
But I think it is handwork that we should keep continue.
Those are the typical type of "mukimono".
Flowers.


I cut radish in this way.


Then I peel by one piece thinly.


Then put together.... Completion of the peony.



let's go on to the next flower.

Cut the carrot this way.


Then peel by one piece thinly and
put the petal to the cucumber.



It is the completion of the camellia.
The next update.....I will put those Flower
to the dish with animals.
See you soon!

No comments: